Monday, August 20, 2012

Peach & Mustard Tenderloin



Last week we had some friends over to grill and watch the Olympics. While watching the pork chops cook my friend was telling me about a Peach/Mustard tenderloin recipe. Ill be honest, I HIGHLY doubted how good it tasted since I DO NOT like mustard. But he told me to try it and so I did. I really enjoyed what came out. It had a sweet taste will a subtle Dijon flavor. If you like tenderloin try this meal!!




Ingredients:
-2 3/4 lb Pork Tenderloin (I took a 2 lb. loin cut it in half and trimmed the fat)
- 1/2 cup peach perserve (I got my hands on some homemade)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard

- 2 teaspoons olive oil (veggie oil works to)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Hardware:
- Gallon Ziploc bag or shallow bowl
- 1/2 cup measuring spoon
- 3 measuring spoon (1 tablespoon, 1 teaspoon, 1/4 teaspoon)

And lets defiantly not forget about the grill. Grilling is a man's first choice of cooking. I have proof http://www.officialmanlaws.com/grilling/

Directions:

  1.  Put all the ingredients in a Ziploc or bowl and mix together.
  2.  Place your tenderloins the marinade and allow to marinade for at least one hour no longer than 8. Keep your marinade, you will needed for the grill.
  3.  When you are ready to cook them place them on the grill on medium heat. Cook for about 20-30 minutes turning once. Apply marinade often.
    I did a quick sear to hold in the juices then moved them from the coals. If you do not have a gas grill or adjustable charcoal rack don't worry about it. Just marinate often.
  4. After your tenderloin has reached an internal temp. of 155 degrees (F) take off the grill and slice.
  5. Add your two favorite sides and enjoy. If you liked this stop at Betty Crocker's site and see what else they got cooking. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...